Friday, January 1, 2010

Some New Year's Substitutions

Rather then New Year's Resolutions I am thinking about making them Substitutions.
Most of the things I want to change in myself are habits and it is way easier to substitute a new  habit then just try to dump an old habit without changing anything else.

One of the things I want is to fit in my skinny pants again.
The obvious thing is to Eat Well and Exercise.

I am 2 weeks into my Oatmeal Challenge and I am feeling pretty good. Okay, today I went with a couple of over easy eggs, bacon and Apple juice. I don't feel bad about doing that since it is a minimally processed and high-protein meal. The oatmeal is also minimally processed and is high in carbohydrates.

One of the problems that I am having is that there is information on diets but a lot of it is contradictory. High protein vs low protein, high carb vs low carb, all fats bad vs some/specific fats good.

Even trying to figure out my ideal weight is confusing. The BMI tells me that my ideal weight is something I haven't weighed since early High School and when I was in my best shape ever after biking around Germany for a year I would be classed as obese. So that is no use to me.

I'm going to have to do some information hunting and gathering but I can't classify the usual sources as good enough.